Apply for Compass
Download a Compass Application
Who can apply?
- Most students apply when they are high school juniors and participate in the Compass RMI during the summer between their junior and senior years, but other interested high school students may also apply.
When is the Compass immersion program (the RMI)?
- The RMI takes place in the summer starting the last week in June. The 2015 RMI is
June 24-July 23, 2015.
When are applications due?
- Applications are due by February 28, 2015. Apply before January 31 and receive a discount if you are chosen to participate. Applications from outside the United States are due by February 14. Applications are free, and there is no charge to apply.
When will I know if I have been selected?
- We take as many qualified applicants as we can into the program but do not have room for everyone. Admissions decisions will be mailed by the end of March 2015. All applications received by February 28, 2015, will be considered, and we never know how many we will receive, so don’t hesitate to apply!
How much does it cost?
- The student fee for the 2015 RMI is only $2500 for applications received by January 31. This is a huge discount—far less than what it actually costs to run the Compass program. This covers all program fees (the Wilderness Expedition to New York, the Theological Expedition at Gordon-Conwell and the Ministry Expedition to Nicaragua), all food and lodging for the entire RMI, overseas airfare to Nicaragua, and much more. The student fee for applications received after January 31 is $2700.
Can I do fundraising to help pay my fee?
- Yes. Compass provides fundraising tools, including individualized online fundraising pages, and churches are encouraged to sponsor students.
How do students apply?
- Download an application and start filling it out. Don't wait until the last minute. The application is very doable but does take some time and effort. Let us know if you are interested, and we would be more than happy to help answer any of your questions.
How do I choose a mentor?
- Choosing a mentor is a required part of the Compass application. If you are accepted into the program, then you will be committing to undergo three years of mentorship. So it’s important that you find a mentor who will help you on your journey. If finding a mentor is something you’ve never done before, it can be an intimidating task and we want to help you.
- Below are some tips for selecting a mentor. If you still have questions about the process, then please email us or give us a call. We’re here to help!
- A good mentor should be:
- Someone you know
- Someone who is older than you, at least by a few years
- Someone outside your immediate family
- Someone of the same gender
- Someone you respect and admire for their walk with the Lord
- Someone you want to spend more time getting to know and talking too
- Someone who is able to commit to mentoring you for three years
- Someone who knows about the Compass Program (if they don’t, you can send them to our website to get to know it!)
- Someone involved in a local church (it doesn’t necessarily have to be your church)
- Someone who currently lives near you or you are sure will be able to communicate long distance (if/when students go to college, most mentor relationships are long distance but it’s preferable for the first year that mentors and students live nearby)
- Someone who agrees to be your mentor!
||Download an application and apply today.
|January 31, 2015
||Early-Bird Application Deadline
|February 28, 2015
||Final Application Deadline
|Mid-to-Late March, 2015
||Admissions decisions mailed
|June 24-July 23, 2015